Views
Helpful
Replies

real life network engineer role examples

andrew breen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

This maybe a silly question. But I am looking to speak with an experienced network engineer as I am now looking to move into just a network engineer role and would like to understand;

Some real life examples of what type of daily work a network engineer will actually do? Its been a few years since I did the CCNA so will need to revisit that course. I would like to know what daily tasks typical network engineers do exactly? I mean there's so much to a network engineer role, so much to learn. If someone could give help and advice that would be greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

farcosre
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There are many activities for network engineers with CCNA certificaction, So I will glad to share my experience as network engineer in an administrative possition with CCNA knowledge. I was in a project which was called Mexico Connected, in this case I supervised and analyzed the documentation that sustained the correct installation and operation of the equipment in according to the normative methods set by Cisco. Moreover I released the number of documentation to the customer defined in the project weekly scope.
Now a days I´m in a engineer that is giving support to service proviers to their ASR equipment, solving their problems and improving their configurations.

Thanks for that Farcosre

What specific tools and applications do you use to undertake the network role for BAU and project work?

What are the "hot" network certifications to have?