cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving ccm into new location

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I'm involved in a project with  moving an existing 10.x ccm into a new location 

I'm thinking of the following 

Build 

Build a duplicate cluster 

Same IP and Mac addresses as the production 

Hide the new cluster with NAT 

Back up and restore the existing cluster onto the new cluster 

Test new infrastructure 

Migration 

Shut down existing cluster

Remove NAT configuration

Advertise the new cluster 

Is this the recommended way, any suggestions 

Can, should I use Prime? 

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the plan you described will work. You can use Prime Collab Deployment as well, specially if you use the 'Network Migration' where you have the option to migrate to new cluster with a change in the the Ip address / hostname , so that both clusters can be active simultaneously as per your requirement. You may check the PCD admin guide for details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P7081B13_00_pcd-administration-guide-1052/CUCM_BK_P7081B13_00_pcd-administration-guide-1052_chapter_010.html

HTH

Manish

It won't work straight forward as you think. 

The new cluster will come wit new set of certificates. This means that your phones won't register with the new cluster. You need to clear the ITL file to get a new one and register. You need a tool such as UnifiedFX to manage this.

What you can do is build new subscriber at different geo location to join the same cluster. Then before you turn off the cluster at site#1 change cucm server group order to make the phones register at the new sub. Once you verify that they are registered, you can move the old cluster to the new site and turn them back on. Finally change cucm server group order back to the way you want. 

Prime network migration can be used as second option

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: