Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
I have deployed a new videoconference network, including the following items:
1- CUCM 11.5
2- MX700 on HQ
3- MX300 on Remote sites
4- Cisco TMS,TCS,VTS,Virual conductor
For the WAN connection, we used a private dedicated network used only by the Videoconferencing systems (no Access to the internet and no DNS).

Now the End customer Wants to be able to make a video call with his partner ( B2B) using an internet line.

My questions are
1- What i need to add to, my infrastructure (like VCSE-C and VCS-E), and which licenses I have to purchase
2- What minimum internet connection BW that i have to ask for.( and Public IP Addressee).
3- There is any requirements for DNS Subscription..

Thank you very much

CHAM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions.

1- What i need to add to, my infrastructure (like VCSE-C and VCS-E), and which licenses I have to purchase

- You need a VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

I will share to you the license configuration we are using in our deployment. We have Expressway-C/VCS-C and Expressway-E/VCS-E. In the below table, we have total of 40 Rich Media Session (RMS)  licenses which is the required licence for B2B calling. 20 license for VCS-C and 20 for VCS-E so there will be a total 20 B2B concurrent calls that can be handled.Other licenses are also required like Advanced Networking for VCS-E for Dual NIC which depends on how you deploy the VCS-E on your network. You may use the same license config as below but depends on how many RMS licenses you need.

Description SKU Total License License Distribution
Expressway C Expressway E
Release Key for X8 LIC-SW-EXP-K9  2 1 1
Rich Media Session LIC-EXP-RMS 40 20 20
Advanced Networking LIC-EXP-AN 1 Not applicable 1
Expressway Series  LIC-EXP-SERIES 2 1 1
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway LIC-EXP-GW 2 1 1
Turn Relay Option LIC-EXP-TURN 1 Not applicable 1
Traversal Server Feature Set LIC-EXP-E 1 Not applicable 1

2- What minimum internet connection BW that i have to ask for.( and Public IP Addressee).

- This depends on how many concurrent B2B calls will be handling by the VCS-E. I will give you an idea, for example if an endpoint calling to outside and initiates a call bandwidth of 1Mbps which the call will be going to VCS-E, it will use 1Mbps internet bandwidth. So if you have 2 B2B concurrent calls with 1Mbps each call for example, it will utilize 2Mbps of your internet bandwidth. On the VCS-E, you can set limit of call bandwidth so you can control the bandwidth usage for the endpoints calling to outside.

- You only need 1 Public IP address for the VCS-E

- Yes. B2B calls needs DNS and SRV records for your VCS-E. 

Take a look on this guide Cisco Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.9) on Appendix 2 page 54 for DNS and SRV record requirements. You can use same document for on how you will configure the VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions.

- You need a VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

I will share to you the license configuration we are using in our deployment. We have Expressway-C/VCS-C and Expressway-E/VCS-E. In the below table, we have total of 40 Rich Media Session (RMS)  licenses which is the required licence for B2B calling. 20 license for VCS-C and 20 for VCS-E so there will be a total 20 B2B concurrent calls that can be handled.Other licenses are also required like Advanced Networking for VCS-E for Dual NIC which depends on how you deploy the VCS-E on your network. You may use the same license config as below but depends on how many RMS licenses you need.

Description SKU Total License License Distribution
Expressway C Expressway E
Release Key for X8 LIC-SW-EXP-K9  2 1 1
Rich Media Session LIC-EXP-RMS 40 20 20
Advanced Networking LIC-EXP-AN 1 Not applicable 1
Expressway Series  LIC-EXP-SERIES 2 1 1
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway LIC-EXP-GW 2 1 1
Turn Relay Option LIC-EXP-TURN 1 Not applicable 1
Traversal Server Feature Set LIC-EXP-E 1 Not applicable 1

- This depends on how many concurrent B2B calls will be handling by the VCS-E. I will give you an idea, for example if an endpoint calling to outside and initiates a call bandwidth of 1Mbps which the call will be going to VCS-E, it will use 1Mbps internet bandwidth. So if you have 2 B2B concurrent calls with 1Mbps each call for example, it will utilize 2Mbps of your internet bandwidth. On the VCS-E, you can set limit of call bandwidth so you can control the bandwidth usage for the endpoints calling to outside.

- You only need 1 Public IP address for the VCS-E

- Yes. B2B calls needs DNS and SRV records for your VCS-E. 

Take a look on this guide Cisco Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.9) on Appendix 2 page 54 for DNS and SRV record requirements. You can use same document for on how you will configure the VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi ACEVIRGIL,

Thank you very much Bro .. you saved me :)

Good luck

Cham

Hi Cham,

I'm glad that i have answered you're questions and I'm happy to help.

regards,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: