cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Firmware for 7970G Needed

mutt
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, I have mistakenly factory defaulted some 7970G's lately and have now come to find out what a PITA it is to get them working again.

I have a few customers with asterisk phone systems and phones running 9-4-2sr2 and that release supports a config we created where a park button exists as a softkey. When replacing a bad one with another unit version 8.x we found that feature missing and assume we need to upgrade to 9.4... Thus, we defaulted it hoping it would just reboot and go straight to 9.4.x  It didnt. Pretty muchs loops saying authfail as it tries to grab the term70 file at boot time.

So, I cant find any versions of anything for the 7970 anymore out there, anyone got some stored somewhere?

Also, if anyone would like to offer support to resolution, please contact me and we are willing to pay for assistance desired. 

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phones on Asterisk-based and running on SCCP?  Are you sure?  Does the server have Chan-SCCP installed?

Yes, about a year back I had an associate that was much more familiar than I set this up.

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Which version exactly you're looking for?

Based on this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11073101/auth-fail-7941-and-7970-ip-phones

I would think 8-5-2 would be a wise move.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: