Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway C and E dual NIC static

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi team,

Have you ever done this cenario of configuration with expressway C and E integrated with Cisco BE7K with cucm, cuc, imp in the version 11.5?

Does anybody knows if the palo alto firewalls support expressway with dual nic and dmz?

Best regards,
Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho
9 Replies 9

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Palo Alto Firewall can be used in the deployement you show above, with Expressway-E using dual NIC, however the firewall should only know about the NIC used as the "External" interface. The NIC used as the "Internal" interface is invisible for the firewall.

You really don`t need to use 2 firewalls (FWA ans FWB), with one firewall is fine, the External NIC needs to be in the DMZ with Static NAT (just in case that you were concerned about your Palo Alto FW to use 2 of its interfaces).

Hi Elias,

Thanks.

Daniel Sobrinho

My pleasure to help.

Hi Elias,

If I have one ASA with one DMZ interface ? I'll put one interface in DMZ and the other interface in internal ? and do static nat for the one on DMZ and configure all the communications to EXPc to the ip add of the internal EXPe interface ?

Is it ok or it is recommended to have EXPe with dual nic and to connect each nic to a different DMZ of the fw ?

That I'm using now the option of 3-port firewall with one EXPe interface with static nat and EXPc is talking with the public ip of the EXPe. but I didn't do nat reflection. I don't understand how ?

Also I open the required ports between EXPc and the DMZ ip of the EXPe and I think I should open between EXPc and EXPe public ip address

Hi,

When using a 3-Port firewall, the Exp-E should use only 1 NIC, with static NAT. See atached screenshot. Static NAT needs to be "On" in the Exp-C NIC.

NAT Reflection is a simple 1:1 NAT (Also known as NAT Loopback), which should allow the Private IP address of the Exp-C to communicate with the NAT IP address of the Exp-E. Check out the below guide in page 71.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-9/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-9.pdf

If NAT reflection is in place, then the Exp-C should be configured with the NAT IP address of the Exp-E in the Traversal Client Zone with port TCP 7001 for SIP (the most common TCP port) and UDP port 6001 for H323 (also the most common). This ports should be open in the FW in order to allow the zone to come up.

Was this of help? Let me know.

Hi Alias,

So The LAN1 of Expressway E can be in internal subnet not DMZ. So could you explain how the LAN 1 is invisible to the FW??

Hello,

There should be no problem using Palo Alto FW with the Expressway-E/VCS-E dual nic deployment. We have already deployed Expressway-E using Palo Alto and other firewalls like Cisco ASA, Juniper, Fortinet and so far it works fine.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil

Thanks.

Daniel Sobrinho

Dear team ,

we have single NIC Deployment - Expressway E 

For example exp c has ip address 10.0.0.18 and EXP E has 10.0.0.19 

and we have nated EXP E with Public IP 1.1.1.1

so in this case what you have configured in Fortgate firewall and both are belongs to inside interface .

@Acevirgil de Ocampo wrote:

Hello,

There should be no problem using Palo Alto FW with the Expressway-E/VCS-E dual nic deployment. We have already deployed Expressway-E using Palo Alto and other firewalls like Cisco ASA, Juniper, Fortinet and so far it works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: