Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G phones keep leaving the service area

piotrPaszk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot cisco 7925G phones. Some of the phones " leave the service area unexpectedly" 

I have seen all the bugs related to it, we have upgraded the firmware to the newest version but the problem still persist.

Today I have run on Prime Wireless Voice Audit on surprisingly I have got violation in terms of data rates

" Data rate configuration of the device did not match with the Rule definition. The violated parameters are: 6Mbps 11b/g, 9Mbps 11b/g, 11Mbps 11b/g, 6Mbps 11a, 9Mbps 11a, 12Mbps 11a,  26-apr-2017,20:29:30 CEST"

We have recently disabled of all 802.11b data rates to make the network more robust and I understand that if the APs and the phones do not support the same data rates communication can brake immediately as users move around. On the other hand I was pretty much sure that change on the WLC should update all data rates stored on the phones as well.

Can this be the reason the phones keep leaving the service area. If so what I am supposed to do ?

Thank you for any suggestions !!!

Best regards,

Piotr

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the phone running on?

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using PSK for these phones? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin