Views
Helpful
Replies

music instead of ringback tome

Najil PP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can someone please confirm the signaling in terms of isdn,sip and h323 what happens when you hear the music instead of ring back. is it the early media in sip?

detaling would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Najil,

The various call flows related to MOH are detailed in the SRND link below with signaling and topology

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/media.html#pgfId-1153848

Regarding your query about hearing MOH instead of ringback, where do you experience this? What is the call flow? Is it something that you are looking to rectify? MOH server would come into picture in two scenarios:

> user presses hold

> network hold induced during transfers , conference  etc

Apart from that it might be a case that you are being redirected to a script on UCCX or a greeting on Unity Connection or some script on gateway, so please check which option applies to your scenario based on the call flow.

HTH

Manish

the scenario is below.

ip phone>SCCP>CUCM>SIP T>CUBE>SIP>ITSP

when I make an outbound call to PSTN; I receive a caller tone(music) instead of the RB. is this early media and can I see 183 Session prpogress if I debug in the Cube

Yes most likely you are getting early media. When CUCM/gateway receives 183 session progress with SDP, gateway/CUBE will cut through to listen to whatever the far end is sending. In your case it appears they are sending a nice music for your enjoyment :)

Early media is basically media played before 200 OK is received.

Early media refers to media (e.g., audio and video) that is exchanged before a particular session is accepted by the called user.
Within a dialog, early media occurs from the moment the initial INVITE is sent until the User Agent Server (UAS) generates a final response.
It may be unidirectional or bidirectional, and can be generated by the caller, the callee, or both.
Typical examples of early media generated by the callee are ringing tone and announcements (e.g., queuing status).

Please rate all useful posts