Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1562i 3x3

Muaaz El Kamali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have vWLC version 8.3.112 and AP 1562i with power injector. I want to check is this AP is working as 3x3 or 2x2. 

I have check that this AP required a power of 32W to give 3x3 for that I used power injector. So is there is any way to check the 3x3 or the power in AP?

Regards, 

Muaaz 

3 Replies 3

Hi Muaaz,

See below for clarification.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1560/installation/guide/1560hig/1560_ch2.html#24750

For the 1562I, UPoE powered switch port or a power injector is required for full operation of the 3x3 MIMO on the 2.4 GHz radio in the regulatory domains that allow for high 2.4 GHz transmit power (Regulatory domains -A, -D, -F, -K, -N, -Q, -T, -Z). If the 1562I is powered by a PoE+ (802.3at power) switch port then the access point will automatically disable one of the 2.4 GHz transmitters and the radio will operate in 2x2 MIMO mode.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika, 

I know fro datasheet we can see that this AP support for 3x3 but the question was how can see it?

I got the answer, to see 3x3 you need a client support 3x3 so you will see triple speed in the client and 3 spatial stream on WLC

Regards, 

Muaaz

From your WLC CLI, you can verify AP supported spatial streams as shown below. In below it is 3702 which support 3SS

(WLC) >grep include Nss "show ap config 802.11a 3702-Test"
Press any key to continue..
Nss=1: MCS 0-9 .......................... SUPPORTED
Nss=2: MCS 0-9 .......................... SUPPORTED
Nss=3: MCS 0-9 .......................... SUPPORTED
Nss=4: MCS 0-7 .......................... DISABLED

If you client has multipls SS support, then once associated to this AP, you can verify it using "show client detail <mac_addr>" output as well.

(WLC) >show client detail ac:37:43:4d:4b:b7
Client MAC Address............................... ac:37:43:4d:4b:b7
Client Username ................................xxxx
AP MAC Address................................... a8:9d:21:9b:72:40
AP Name.......................................... 3702-Test
Qos Map Capability............................... Yes
WMM Support...................................... Enabled
APSD ACs....................................... BK BE VI VO
Current Rate..................................... m8 ss2
Supported Rates.................................. 24.0,36.0,48.0,54.0
Mobility State................................... Local

Alternatively you can do a packet capture and it will verify that as well.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: