Comments in access policy rules

Unanswered Question
May 3rd, 2017
User Badges:

I've just begun using the REST API for FMC Version: 6.2.0 to provision access policy rules into a Firepower. This has been a bit of a guessing game, because the API Explorer doesn't seem to cover rules, much less proper JSON for creating them.  So far, I've had good luck creating all aspects of the rules, with one small hitch. I can't seem to figure out how to add comments. Could someone paste the appropriate JSON? Certain other aspects of the rule, for instance the id, are auto-generated by the system and must be left out of the POST. Thinking this might be the case with comments; I've tried leaving out the timestamp, user, etc from inside the comment history, but this doesn't seem to help.

Best regards and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tbarton Mon, 05/08/2017 - 06:40
User Badges:

Is there anything that I could do to clarify the problem I'm having?

byakamovich-NSP1 Tue, 06/06/2017 - 08:24
User Badges:

Hello,

Using JSON has been a challenge for me as well. I do not have an answer for you as I am trying to figure out how to  create and load objects and rules using this method.

Is there any code that you could share? I have to recreate about 500 rules that the SF ASA conversion utility did not convert.

Thanks very much

tbarton Fri, 06/09/2017 - 12:27
User Badges:

How's your java? I might have some code that I could share, but it wouldn't be helpful unless you were pretty fluent.

aniortegr Fri, 06/23/2017 - 20:43
User Badges:

Exactly the same for me. Unable to add a comment on an accessrule via REST\API

I've seen the "commentHistoryList" but it doesn't seem to add the comment...

Anyone have an idea how to do this ?

Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion