Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference now feature on cucm 11.0

csco11235857
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured conference now on CUCM 11.0. it is working fine for internal extensions. but the external numbers can't join the conference call, same as when I try to conference two or more calls, if I conference internal extensions it works fine but at the moment I call the external number and click on Conference bottom , the external call get dropped.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

--

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have 2 options:

1. configure dspfarm profile for conferencing on the 2901 (assuming you have sufficient number of PVDMs) and allow both G711 and G729 on it, and then add to appropriate MRGs in CUCM

2. Build transcoder on the 2901 allowing the codecs and add in CUCM to appropriate MRGs

VG310 is analog GW and will be of no help here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it just for conference-now feature or add-hoc conferencing as well?

If both, make sure your bridge supports the codecs, i.e. if you are using G729 for external calls and using software based CUCM CFB then that can only do G711 and you'll need transcoders.

+5 Chris

As Chris mentioned, seems that your bridge isn't supporting the codec used for your PSTN calls. Based on your description its a problem with ad-hoc and conference-now therefore, its not a feature problem in conference-now

Thank you for your replies.

it's true this problem is common between Ad-hoc and Conference Now.

we are using Codec G.729(R8) for PSTN Calls ( outside calls), and we use Conference bridge Software based (CUCM-Conferernce Bridge) but we are using Integrated Service Router (CISCO2901/K9 ) with the Voice Gateway 310.

Do you think we need to add transcoder to this integrated service Router, or it's capable to do the conference Calls

I found at the following website, that we can use transcoder with CUCM-CFB, but it's good  only for 6 participants for each calls..

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100_chapter_011000.html#CUCM_RF_C4B829F7_00

You have 2 options:

1. configure dspfarm profile for conferencing on the 2901 (assuming you have sufficient number of PVDMs) and allow both G711 and G729 on it, and then add to appropriate MRGs in CUCM

2. Build transcoder on the 2901 allowing the codecs and add in CUCM to appropriate MRGs

VG310 is analog GW and will be of no help here.

Thank you, the problem has been fixed after I configured the 2901 as following , but I wonder what is the maximum session number that would be good and won't affect calls quality? 

dspfarm profile 1 conference
codec g729abr8
codec g729ar8
codec g711alaw
codec g711ulaw
codec g722-64
maximum sessions 10
associate application SCCP

This maximum session parameter defines a maximum number of separate conference sessions that can occur at the same time.

Number of participates per conference is controlled via max ad-hoc, and meet-me service parameters in CUCM, and depending on your IOS version you can define max participants under this profile as well, I am sure you can figure out the command for that.

Yes I know that.

I set the number of participates to 15 from max Ad-hoc. but I don't know if I set the maximum sessions to 30 , would this affect the voice quality for the entire calls or not, especially, we have  100 Mb circuit between the HQ and remote offices.

Besides changing it in CUCM you need to change it on the DSP profile via "maximum conference-participants max-participants" command. With G729 codec enabled you can go up to 16 at most.

Maximum sessions are driven by available PVDMs, so if the config allows you to enter 30 then it means you have sufficient PVDMs.

As to quality that all depends on your bandwidth and QoS settings which is completely independent of this.  If lets say you are going to have 30 conference sessions with 8 participants in each session from all around other locations via WAN then you need to account for each of these calls being merged onto this gateway. If all calls are local to this site then that usually is no issue.