Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to upgrade FPD for Power Supply

jaltamir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi experts:

Looking for some help.... I recently upgraded 2 equipments from IOS XR 4.2.3 to 6.1.3 and found an issue with FPD at PS.

I was not able to Upgrade FPD for PS

After execute general and particular FPD process, problem remains even FPD states upgrade process was done ..!!

I turned them off by switch and finallly re-seat all PS with not success.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K#admin show hw-module fpd location all
§ Mon May 15 05:36:26.582 DST
==========================================
§ Existing Field Programmable Devices
§ ==========================================
                                                         HW            Current        SW Upg/
0/PS0/M0/SP PWR-2KW-DC-V2 1.0  pm fpga11 13 6.03^              No 
                                                         pm fpga12 13 6.02^        Yes
                                                         pm fpga13 13 6.02^         No 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0/PS0/M1/SP PWR-2KW-DC-V2 1.0 pm fpga11 14 6.02^              Yes
                                                         pm fpga12 14 6.02^         Yes
                                                         pm fpga13 14 6.02^         No 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0/PS1/M0/SP PWR-2KW-DC-V2 1.0 pm fpga11 17 6.02^               Yes
                                                         pm fpga12 17 6.02^         Yes
                                                         pm fpga13 17 6.02^         No 
0/PS1/M1/SP PWR-2KW-DC-V2 1.0 pm fpga11 18 6.02^                Yes
                                                         pm fpga12 18 6.02^         Yes
                                                         pm fpga13 18 6.02^         No

Any insigth is really appreciate

Regards 

Juan Carlos 

2 Replies 2

smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

so you started the FPD process with command "upgrade hw-module fpd fpga12/11 location 0/PS0/M0/SP"? 

Please note that in the case of PS upgrade you have to specify the exact location.

If this is not working you should contact TAC.

Hi smailmilak:

Really appreciate for your quick reply ..

It was done in that way ... with specific location with no success ..!!

I'll check TAC guys.!!

Juan Carlos