Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Entry when entering Pin in voicemail

Not applicable

We have Cisco unity 10.5.

For some odd reason, new voicemail boxes get invalid pin message when accessing voicemail.

I have deleted the voicemail box, and re-created it. I have also tried resetting the voicemail password. Invalid Entry.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you press the messages key do you hear "Enter your PIN followed by #"? Invalid entry normally means the PIN is wrong. Are you resetting the PIN in CUC admin > Users > Find user > Edit > Change password?

Brandon

When we press message buttons, it asks for the username which is the extension, followed by #. Then it prompts for their pin followed by #. When they enter their pin, it says invalid entry. I i enter my extension and pin #, it works fine. Seems to only be happening with new voicemail setups.

The pin is reset in Unity under Users/Find User, Click on extension, then edit/change password.

Unity shoes no failed sign-in attempts.

Are the new users set for self-enrollment? Any difference if you uncheck "Set for Self-enrollment at Next Sign-In"? Any reason you require the user to enter extension? Do extension not match the extension configured in CUC?

I tried unchecking self-enrollment and that did not work.

As far as the logging in, that was setup by our former IPT Engineers. Not sure why they have to input their extension first. Extensions do match CUCM.

Check your voicemail profile setup in CUCM. Advanced Features > Voicemail > Voicemail Profile. Does the profile have a mask configured?

Hi Brandon,

I am having a similar issue although the user's voicemail was working and then stopped.  After some research, I found that there were 2 usernames attached to this person and attempted to delete both and start over.  Was only able to delete one.  Ended up going CLI and deleting it on the database itself.  Once deleted, then I created a new one, but still getting the same error message "Invalid Entry."  

I checked the Voice mail profile configuration and I do not show a mask for the Voice Mail Box Mask.  

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

Tarun Pawar
Level 1
Level 1

check for alternate extn in user profile in unity connections and check if current extn is added or if there are other extns.

Add current extn there and check. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: