cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5506x 9.8.1 routed mode management access inside with bvi

babiojd01
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot ssh to the inside of the asa via vpn when the inside ip is a BVI. I enabled management access inside and i received tcp intercept drops my connection. If I enable management access via a specific interface like inside_1->inside_7 i get cannot locate egress interface. How do you enable management access inside when using a BVI inside interface using 9.8.1 code?

3 Replies 3

Dennis Perto
Level 5
Level 5

It would seem that others are experiencing the same behavior.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13266856/version-971-bvi-not-available-permit-mgmnt-access

Thanks Dennisperto,

I hope cisco can come back and state is it behavior or is it not possible? I see nothing in the documentation that says it isn't and if it isn't why can we execute the command? The error I get while watching asdm log is tcp intercept. I don't even have that enabled. In order to get access to the asdm I used the outside interface and created a pat for the firepower module so I could reach that as well.

greenfox878
Level 1
Level 1

del

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card