Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to configure public IP's on the Servers

usman anwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am having some servers need to be on live IP's.

My ISP gave me one subnet of /28 for my servers. My connectivity is P2P and is on a different subnet. As of now, my public interface is also doing NAT for my office users to access the internet.

What configuration do I need to make my servers on live IP's so that respected personal could access them?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Create a DMZ.  Put the /28 on that DMZ.  Move the server(s) into that DMZ so they can have the public IP addresses on them directly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

If you can create a static NAT (1 to 1) with /28 you have 14 valid IP addresses (if it is a additional segment) so you can create 14 static NATs . How many servers are you going to implement?

I usually dont recommend this solution unless you have a great security environment or it is isolated from your internal network, I prefer to provide SSL VPN + Cisco Anyconnect to the users.

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Create a DMZ.  Put the /28 on that DMZ.  Move the server(s) into that DMZ so they can have the public IP addresses on them directly.

usman anwar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Philip, 

Thank you for the suggestion. Could you pl suggest me the configuration on my Router, so that people could access the servers.

for my server the public IP pool is (xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.248)

as of now the configuration is like

interface fa 0/0.555

description Internet interface

ip add xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.252  

interface fa 0/1.100

Description Office vlan

ip add 192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0

interface fa 0/1.200

Description Guest vlan

ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card