cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco based VPN for RV320

Arvind Tripathi
Level 1
Level 1

I made an attempt to setup a vpn and connect via a win 7 client machine. I tried all of the vpn types available but couldn't succeed in getting a mix that worked. I tried the inbuilt vpn client an Anyconnect. Anyconnect always gave me a certificate error (tried to install a certificate).

Can you please advise which of the vpn server options will work along with the appropriate client for each. Ideally I'd like to use easy vpn server and have it work with both win7 and win10 clients.

As an aside is there a way to use ssl vpn on a 64 bit O/S and be able to authenticate against AD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arvind,

I went through your question carefully. The certificate problem you face in Anyconnect has the following reasons.

1) VPN server must have a certificate signed by third party CA server or self-signed certificate which should be trusted by your client machine.

2) It is recommended that your both VPN server and client machine's time should be synchronised because sometimes it may cause certificate validation issue. 

So the solution is, Go to  Certificate Management > My Certificate and check that whether you have a valid certificate or not and also ensure it's validation period.

# Yes, ezvpn works with both window 7 & 10. But ensure the Ezvpn client version number

# for ssl and AD, Go to User Management > Active Directory and fill the following information, 

- Domain—Domain name users select to log into the SSL VPN portal.
- AD Server Address—IPv4 address of the Active Directory server.
- AD Domain Name—Domain name of the Active Directory server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Arvind,

I went through your question carefully. The certificate problem you face in Anyconnect has the following reasons.

1) VPN server must have a certificate signed by third party CA server or self-signed certificate which should be trusted by your client machine.

2) It is recommended that your both VPN server and client machine's time should be synchronised because sometimes it may cause certificate validation issue. 

So the solution is, Go to  Certificate Management > My Certificate and check that whether you have a valid certificate or not and also ensure it's validation period.

# Yes, ezvpn works with both window 7 & 10. But ensure the Ezvpn client version number

# for ssl and AD, Go to User Management > Active Directory and fill the following information, 

- Domain—Domain name users select to log into the SSL VPN portal.
- AD Server Address—IPv4 address of the Active Directory server.
- AD Domain Name—Domain name of the Active Directory server.

Thank you singh.