Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS and multi context support in FP9300 firewall

Sumanta Ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts

Do we have support for QoS marking/scheduling/policing and multiple context in FP9300 FTD image?

Anything in roadmap?

Regards,

Sumanta.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but rate limiting is the only QoS feature currently offered. I haven't heard anything about plans to expand that to the more comprehensive set of classic QoS features you mention.

I believe most of the market is finding that SD-WAN type of solutions are a more effective approach vs. the classic QoS feature set.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QoS is currently supported. See the FMC configuration guide section on it here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v62/quality_of_service_qos.html

Multiple context is not currently supported on any FTD platform. Cisco has indicated it is a feature they plan to implement in the future but they do not publicly commit to roadmap items. Your Cisco account manager may be able to provide further details.

Hello Marvin

Thanks. I checked that doc and found that apart from rate limit, we don't have much feature. Or is there a different document to deal with it?

I am specially interested in classification/marking/policing/scheduling traffic based on DSCP values.

Regards,

Sumanta.

Sorry but rate limiting is the only QoS feature currently offered. I haven't heard anything about plans to expand that to the more comprehensive set of classic QoS features you mention.

I believe most of the market is finding that SD-WAN type of solutions are a more effective approach vs. the classic QoS feature set.

Hi Marvin, do you know if flexconfig in FMC is a way that could mark packets through firepower?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card