cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control two site cluster DNS records

jweirick1
Level 1
Level 1

According to the cluster creation documentation you should use the same weight and priorities for all peers in a cluster except "Only use different priorities if you have different clusters allowing failover from one primary cluster to another (secondary) cluster. In that case the primary cluster’s peers should have one value and the other (secondary) cluster’s peers a (larger) value". 

So my question is, are they referring to two separate VCS clusters with a cluster FQDN that resolves to 2 separate cluster names or can you have once cluster with peers in two geographically different locations and weight the entries to prefer one location of peer over the other ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

In a single cluster scenario with same weight and priority you achieve load balancing, however if you do not want that then you can add the different weight and priority for FQDN's. 

Rgds,

Alok

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

In a single cluster scenario with same weight and priority you achieve load balancing, however if you do not want that then you can add the different weight and priority for FQDN's. 

Rgds,

Alok

jweirick1
Level 1
Level 1

I thought that would work for what I am trying to achieve, just wanted to do a "sanity" check to see if anyone else concurred with my thought process. However, I'm wondering if I'll see any problems with older devices that don't support the use of SRV records and only check the A records.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: