Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Directory

mityovalchev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for an approach where two numbers can be shown on the physical display when browsing a user directory. Phones are 7821 and CUCM is version 9.1. which has LDAP integration with AD 2008. I know that corporate directory is a given and cannot be changed. So, the options are two: either a third party application or develop a custom directory. I want to stop on the second approach. The thing is that I do not want to work directly on the LDAP server. What I want to do is have a test Win2008R2 64 bit and run a Web Server there (IIS) which will proxy the requests to the LDAP server. Long story short I want to avoid the involvement of the CUCM in the whole process and thanks to XML it should be possible to display additional fields on the phones. This is just a draft. I want to know about your thoughts on that. Any advises are much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hi! Yeah we have actually tried a custom directory with one customer and uploaded a custom directory xml file to their local Cisco router's flash then manually adding the path to the services tab inside the device configuration page of the phone.

Hey John, Thank you for your reply. Should I understand that this was a hardcoded directory and if so how do you synchronize it with AD? Also is there a chance I can have a look on the XML, (of course cleared from any customer related information). Thank you very much in advance!