cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RE: IP Phone 7941 Series - strange one-tone/noise?

danielor-filmtv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My offices use the above model but recently we've had a bit of trouble in the form of a one tone accompanied by a strange noise (my supervisor calls it a 'fairy sounding noise').

The red light on the phone illuminates and the name of a different department appears on screen (it's always one of two departments, both of which are on our floor). 

Would anyone perhaps know why this is happening? I presume it's something obvious but our tech department has no idea.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

You will need to provide a few more details to get some assistance on this:

What is the CUCM version to which the phones are registered?

What is the firmware version of the 7941?

What is the exact issue, like how and when does it happen , how long does it last and how is it fixed?

How many 7941's are affected, are all of them or just a few of them exhibiting this behavior?

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Just to add a note to the good ideas from my friend Manish (+5) it sounds to me like the phone(s) that this is happening to are part of a Pickup group and this behavior is called Call Pickup Notification. So, when a phone in the same pickup group is ringing and not yet answered a notification is sent to the other group member phones. This audible and visual notification sounds very much like what your supervisor is describing. To stop this from happening you just need to remove the impacted phone/phones from the Pickup group.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fscpickg.html#wp1027397

Cheers!

Rob