cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail indicator on but no voice mailbox

eberrocal2
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a 7965 this morning with an extension that was not being used.  I deleted the voice mailbox since the extension does not need one but the phone indicates there is voice mail.  Why would it display the voice mail indicator (flashing envelope) even though there is no voice mailbox associated to the extension?  How can I clear this?  Thank you!!!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It's most likely that the remnant MWI-On is still set up in CUCM...if so;

In  CUCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message  Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This  will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press  the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, unfortunately that didn't work.

@Rob Huffman   This worked like a champ for me.  It also comes back on upon the next voicemail that is left for the user.  I was afraid that this option would have shut it off permanently but it just shuts it off until next message which is good.

eberrocal2
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed this by recreating the voice mailbox and resetting MWI within the voice mailbox.  Once it was reset I deleted the mailbox since that extension will not need one.

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

You may leave new message again and delete that message. After that voicemail notification should go off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: