Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus and Juniper integration

faizan.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have performed the activity by connecting the one port from our nexus to juniper port. After connecting with the juniper the port goes into the down state. And it shows us the reason for done is UDLD TX RX Loop.
When i saw the logs on the nexus switches it shows me the following logs:

-->2017 May 18 00:49:44 Nexus-1 %CDP-5-NEIGHBOR_ADDED: Device Nexus-1(Serial-number##) discovered of type N5K-C5548P with port Ethernet1/17 on incoming port Ethernet1/17 with ip addr 10.50.176.246 and mgmt ip 10.50.167.246

--> 2017 May 18 00:49:45 Nexus-1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ERROR_DISABLED: Interface Ethernet1/17 is down (Error disabled. Reason:UDLD Tx-Rx Loop)

This logs appeared after connecting the nexus switch with the juniper switch.
Kindly help me in trouble shooting this problem.
thanks

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your error indicates that UDLD error disabled the port because it saw the transmitted frame return to the Nexus switch.  Is the Juniper device/port configured to support UDLD? If not, you can prevent these types of errors from occurring by disabling UDLD on the port using 'udld disable', assuming that you have confirmed that there is not actually a loop or spanning tree misconfig.

On the Nexus device check the following:

#show version
 #show module
 #show cdp neighbor int e1/17
 #show udld neighbor

#show udld e1/17
 #show int e1/17
 #show int e1/17 transceiver detail
 #show int e1/17 counter error

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: