cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Support Community is getting an update - migration information

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. We're going to be updating Cisco Support Community in the next couple of months and we'd like to keep you informed as things progress. Here's the first blog post regarding the migration process: migration update blog post. Please follow the blog for regular updates!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dan, thank you for your response. I'm taking your questions back to the team so they can be reviewed. We will diligently work to not introduce additional bugs and see what we can do resolve current issues as well. The old system will be available for a short time during migration, and we will of course have backup copies as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There has been so many comments damaged during previous migration (from Jive to Drupal). More than 4000 comments are hard to read because formatting tags  has been turned into visible part of text. I reported them 9 months ago and those comments are still damaged.

Some other comments has been subject of even worse modification - part of comment has been lost thus comment is meaningless now. Even those comments are not repaired yet (not counting those my comments I repaired by self).

Should I assume those migration bugs will be solved before next migration ?

Will be old (Drupal) system available in read-only mode after migration, so  content damaged during ongoing migration (yes, I assume bugs) will be still readable in older version ?

Hi Dan, thank you for your response. I'm taking your questions back to the team so they can be reviewed. We will diligently work to not introduce additional bugs and see what we can do resolve current issues as well. The old system will be available for a short time during migration, and we will of course have backup copies as well.

The old system will be available for a short time during migration, and we will of course have backup copies as well.

I asked at least twice in other thread what's the address of the old system. But I received no reply to my question at all. May I ask you where the old system is reachable ?

Billm
Level 1
Level 1

No wonder why I can't find a bookmark I made last week. Do you people realize the impact this has on everyone's library???????

Migration in question has happened several months ago. It may have no relationship to last week issue ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links