Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Behavior Proximity in MX700 TC7.3.9

Dear all,

We know about Cisco Proximity is still experimental in version TC7.X but I need know what behavior can I have in this version. We have tried to pair a Desktop Proximity client but not work, I see in the forum isn't supported.

Must work a mobility Proximity version for Iphone or Android  with the TC7 version? We tried sometimes to pair the smartphone but something not work.

Appear: "Finding Video Systems" - "Connecting" - "Proximity cannot connect to a video system verify that you are connected to the local network via WIFI or VPN"

We checked the connectivity and seems fine. I checked this URL:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12159326/troubleshooting-guide-cisco-proximity

....but not talk about proximity in TC7.X

Any idea?

Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eduardo,

sorry to hear you are having problems.

Unfortunately, we do not pay much attention to TC with Proximity. As we do improvements to the clients (across all four platforms), we do test this a lot with CE (and IX where applicable), but do not have the bandwidth to test/ensure support for TC.

This means - if you use current Proximity clients (recently updated) with TC,

• it might not work at all
  • error messages might be misleading/wrong
  • error handling is usually not very elegant
  • some features might work, but mostly it will not

Out of curiosity - what are the primary reasons for you to not upgrade to CE?
(There are significant improvements in usability with recent software, but if there are missing features you rely on, it is important for us to know what is holding you back on TC).

Best regards,
Henrik

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eduardo,

sorry to hear you are having problems.

Unfortunately, we do not pay much attention to TC with Proximity. As we do improvements to the clients (across all four platforms), we do test this a lot with CE (and IX where applicable), but do not have the bandwidth to test/ensure support for TC.

This means - if you use current Proximity clients (recently updated) with TC,

• it might not work at all
  • error messages might be misleading/wrong
  • error handling is usually not very elegant
  • some features might work, but mostly it will not

Out of curiosity - what are the primary reasons for you to not upgrade to CE?
(There are significant improvements in usability with recent software, but if there are missing features you rely on, it is important for us to know what is holding you back on TC).

Best regards,
Henrik

Thanks Henrik,

We have planned to upgrade all the platform soon : Endpoints, TMS, VCS,... but now we need test the proximity feature with TC7 because need this version for work with TMS/VCS.

If I understand good, the last versions of the clients of proximity may not work with the Experimental Proximity of the TC7.X versions?

Thanks.

OK, great to hear you will be upgrading.

You might be able to get some features to work in TC, but be aware that the Proximity features that did work with TC7 (and the Proximity clients at that time) has changed significantly since.

To get a good overview of how Proximity works now, I would highly recommend testing this with a system in a lab or similar where you could run CE code. As said - it is unpredictable what will work in TC7 with current clients, and not really relevant for what you will get once upgraded to CE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: