Views
Helpful
Replies

lock and unlock feature for CUCM with the same Directory Number

a.burlaos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to do lock/unlock feature for CUCM?

Objective: A user can only call NDD and IDD when he/she unlock her/his phone. Note: Directory Number is still when unlocking or locking the phone.

Tested Feature: Extension Mobility

Problem Encountered: Using EM or not, it will always use the line CSS.

Question: Is it possible to assign different line css for Extension Mobility device profile and Device Line CSS? So that when i'm not using the extension mobility I can assign Line CSS that can call internal numbers only and when the user wants to call NDD or IDD she/he will need to login to extension mobility.

Regards,

Arvie

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EM does exactly what you want, configure the restricted CSS at device level and logged out DN and the unrestricted CSS in the EM profiles.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I've tested again the Extension Mobility using different partition with the device profile (partition) and the device partition but I've encountered another problem.

Scenario:

Directory Number: 1800

Partitions:

Internal_PTT = For the Internal Users

ExtMob_PTT = For the Extension Mobility Device Profile

NDD_PTT = For NDD Calls

CSS:

Internal_CSS = For Internal Calls Only

Partitions: Internal_PTT (first), ExtMob_PTT (second)

IntNDD_CSS = For Internal and NDD Calls Only

Partitions: Internal_PTT (first), ExtMob_PTT (second), NDD_PTT (third)

Phone A:

Line Partition = Internal_PTT

Line CSS = Internal_CSS

Extension Mobility Device Profile:

Line Partition = ExtMob

Line CSS = IntNDD_CSS

Result:

Using phone A i can call internal users only when not using extension mobility and phone b can also call phone A. When using extension mobility i can now call internal at the same time i can call NDD but the problem is using phone B, i cannot call phone A when using extension mobility because the line partition used by extension mobility is extmob while the primary partition assigned for internal_css is internal_ptt.

Note: Phone B CSS is Internal_CSS.

Regards,

Arvie

Hi Jaime,

I think the solution for now is to enable the Forward Unregistered Internal/External for EM Device Profile. Though the message is different because it was forwarded but at least it works.

If you have other possible solution, that would be better. Thank you.

Regards,

Arvie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: