Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.9-4-2SR2-2.k3.cop.sgn

Hi

Can anyone point me to a link to download cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.9-4-2SR2-2.k3.cop.sgn please.  I plan to upgrade from 11.0(1A)SU1 to 11.5(1)SU2 and 9-4-2SR2-2 is the version specified in http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/136664/cucm-readme-1151su2.pdf.

I can find the firmware for every other 7900 series that I need but nothing for the 7971 (Go http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=278875240&i=rp - Collaboration Endpoints - IP Phones - 7900 Series).

The daft thing is I already have SCCP70.9-4-2SR3-1S but 11.5(1)SU 2 will down grade it to 9.4(2SR2.2)  (right?) resulting in more disruption for the customer which is exactly what I was hoping to avoid by upgrading firmware prior to upgrading Call Manager

Thanks in advance

Rich

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rich,

I don't know WTH is going with the 7970-7971 firmware either as I just spent 1/2 hour looking for it "hidden" somewhere. You could always get it from TAC if you need (they can load it up for special download)

You should also be able to prevent the firmware downgrade when you upgrade as well. You would need to copy the current Device defaults and save them off-line, stop the TFTP service before starting the upgrade and then copy the "old/new" Device Defaults back in before re-starting the TFTP service.

Cheers!

Rob

I agree with Rob, this issue of the 7970/71 firmware not available on cisco.com has been going on for about a couple of years now, you need to contact TAC and the TAC engineer can publish the firmware to your cco id, other option is as suggested by Rob to wait for cucm upgrade and have the device default specified under the phone load name field for these phones so that they do not attempt to upgrade firmware post cucm upgrade.

Manish

Hi Rob

Good thought sir!. I have already used the "stop the TFTP service" routine when I applied cmterm-devicepack11.0.1.23068-1.cop to try and resolve an issue with  a CP-8831 that we've recently purchased and didn't want the rest of our 7900 series fleet to upgrade to 9-4-2SR3-1S at the same time. 

I was scratching my head trying to work out if and how I could apply a similar process to the OS upgrade. As you rightly point out, the fact that the TFTP service has been stopped prior to the upgrade will be maintained when I restart from the inactive partition (switch version) following the upgrade.

Incidentally device pack cmterm-devicepack11.0.1.23068-1.cop is how I came by SCCP70.9-4-2SR3-1S. I have read that the statement "Firmware upgrades not explicitly addressed in the Phone Firmware section can be obtained via Dev Packs. Maybe there has been a decision taken somewhere to apply this to the  7970-7971's which would be "sub-optimal" to say the least as any firmware update would not be as straight forwards as an explicitly addressed firmware package would.

All the best

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: