Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS release 5.8.1

neil.j.bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use the Cisco SNS-3415-K9 model ACS and I am currently upgrading them to the latest Release/Patch. I have been told that ACS 5.8.1 is not compatible with the SNS-3415 model and that I can only upgrade to ACS 5.8 patch 7. Is this correct?

Regards

Neil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not correct. The ACS 5.8.1 release notes confirm it is compatible with the SNS-3415:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8-1/release/notes/acs_581_rn.html#pgfId-434498

You are aware that ACS is almost end of sales - yes? After this August it will no longer be sold. It is being deprecated in favor of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).

View solution in original post

Hi Neil

I confirm also that I have successfully upgraded plus than 15 of SNS-3415-K9 appliances  to ACS 5.8.1.4 and they are operational without any issue.

Don't hesitate if you need any help.

Best regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not correct. The ACS 5.8.1 release notes confirm it is compatible with the SNS-3415:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8-1/release/notes/acs_581_rn.html#pgfId-434498

You are aware that ACS is almost end of sales - yes? After this August it will no longer be sold. It is being deprecated in favor of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).

Hi Neil

I confirm also that I have successfully upgraded plus than 15 of SNS-3415-K9 appliances  to ACS 5.8.1.4 and they are operational without any issue.

Don't hesitate if you need any help.

Best regards

Thanks. The only reason I asked on here is because I was having issues upgrading and one of the Cisco TAC support guys told me it wasn't supported and that I should upgrade to 5.8 patch 7 instead. I got the impression he didn't really know what he was talking about which was a bit concerning!!

Hi Neil

Could you please share with us the issue that you encounter? Did you checked also the available space on the /storeddata partition ( You can do that by show tech-support then /df -h) ? This is the most known issue when upgrading to new ACS versions.

Could you please describe the behavior?

Best regards

Please don't hesitate to rate Helpful and Correct Answers!

So I was getting Process errors, the management process was running but with a HTTP nonresponsive message and the runtime process was coming back Not Monitored. I was getting the same issues on the 5.8 release but with TAC support I managed to fix them and that's when they said 5.8.1.4 isn't compatible which is why I raised the initial 5.8.1.4 question because I thought if they fixed it on 5.8 why couldn't they fix it on 5.8.1.4!! I am now trying to install the 5.8.1.4 to see if it does work on my ACS with the fixes I have from 5.8. If I get any issues I will post again.

Thanks, yes I am aware of the end of sale.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: