Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 Stackwise

Shvan Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have just installed Cisco IOS XE Denali 16.3.3 version on my 3850 switch model WS-C3850-48P-E. By installing this version I should be able to enable StackWise Virtual Configuration but for some reasons I'm not able to use this command in global config. For example: I have the following two options in global config.

VSS-Test2(config)#stackwise?
% Unrecognized command

and

VSS-Test2(config)#stack?
stack-mac  stack-power  stackmaker  stacks

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

If i am not mistaken. Stackwise Virtual configuration is only supported on the following models:

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

If i am not mistaken. Stackwise Virtual configuration is only supported on the following models:

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Yannick.  Your switch sub-model won't support Stackwise Virtual.  I'm not sure if it even supports Horizontal Stacking.  

Shvan Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Yannick for the replay.  According to the following link, the WS-C3850-48P should be able to do Stackwise Virtual.  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-720918.html

But then there is another document which you provided me the link,  saying you can do it but only on certain model of 3850s. Kinda confusing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card