cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect-win-2.5.2014-web-deploy-k9 Compatibility with Windows 10

adrian_tadeo
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to connect to Cisco vpn using windows 7 it is working fine, but when trying with windows 10, cannot connect to server.

Attached the error we received in SAP. when using higher version of cisco any connect. in windows 10

Version: anyconnect-win-2.5.2014-web-deploy-k9 Compatibility with Windows 10

ows 10

8 Replies 8

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AnyConnect is now up to version 4.x.  You are using a very old version.  You should at least upgrade to the latest 3.x version.

V4 requires new licencing.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply but we are getting problem on SAP Application when using higher version of any connect, it says that the anyconnect2.5 is connected but anyconnecte 3.1 or 4.x is disconnected, also could i ask if we updated the version 4.x something we also need to upgrade our ASDM application? 

we have existing Cisco asdm 6.6 ASA

Thank you

What model ASA do you have, and what software version is it running?

we got

Model: Cisco ASA 5525-X

Version: Cisco asdm 6.6 ASA

I'm not interested in the ASDM, that is just the GUI.  It was the ASA version I was interested in.

Regardless, on a 5525 I would suggest you run the gold star release of 9.6.3.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284143129&catid=268438162&softwareid=280775065&release=9.4.4&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hi Phillip

This is noted we will try this gold star release. we will get back to you about ther result.

Thank you

ASDM 6.6(1) is the oldest version compatible with an ASA 5525X and it must be running the oldest ASA software (8.6(1)) that runs on that hardware.

Likewise your AnyConnect 2.5 is the oldest available version. AnyConnect 2.5 does not support Windows 10.

To run Anyconnect on Windows 10 you need at least version 3.1.10010. Here is the official Cisco statement about that:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#pgfId-320051

Recommended would be the current AnyConnect 4.4.03034 (which, as Philip noted, would require a licensing update).

Generally speaking, keeping security products and software on relatively current versions is critical if you expect them to protect you from current and evolving security threats.

Hi sir marvin,

tnx for this already updated the cisco any connect version to 4.4, still same result i will try the gold star release like philip said.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: