Views
Helpful
Replies

Co-Terming a Firepower Subscription

Brandon Bezaire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm currently looking to add URL filtering functionality to our existing Firepower setup. Unfortunately every Cisco Partner I've talked to thus far has refused to Co-Term it with our existing IPS subscription (L-ASA5525-TA=), because "it's a 1 year subscription, we can't do any less".

Is there any documentation I can send off to our Partner to assure them this is possible?
We could purchase it under a separate contract, but we'd be missing out on significant savings by not combining subscriptions at renewal time.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tell them to double check in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). While the Ordering Guide and base SKUs indicate 1-, 3- and 5-year terms, you can override the defaults and select a lesser (or greater - not to exceed the next tier) term. For instance, the  actual term for a 1-year SKU can be customized to a range from 1-35 months. You can also specify the start and end date to make them co-term.

I was a Cisco customer for over 20 years before going to the partner side. I know some partners can be either uninformed or uncooperative about the more advanced requests. If you run into this, escalate it until you get somebody more helpful or reach out to your Cisco Account Manager to express your frustration. Most will do whatever is in their power to address a customer satisfaction issue.

I just built a validated configuration for an ASA 5506 with FTD and specified a 9 month license term.

You can see snippets from it as follows:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card