Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 WAN1 Connected (Inactive) to Upstream RV325 regular Network Port

kevin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have four RV325 routers. I wanted to connect my lab router to WAN1 of RV325A, then from a network port (Port 7) of RV325A to WAN1 of the next RV325, which I am calling RV325B. I have internet access on RV325A, but not on RV325B. Of course, the down-stream routers RV325C and RV325D do not have internet access.

I tried it out-of-the-box with Factory defaults. I tried disabling IPSec, PPTP, L2TP, and VPN. It is setup as all DHCP. I am using the default 192.168.1.1 VLAN 1.  I upgraded the firmware. I read through a number of posts and other information on the web and read the manual.

I have used this type of setup with simpler routers, but this is the first time with Cisco.

I have a work-around and will be able to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish. However, I would like to know why it would not work to connect the LAN port of an upstream RV325 to the WAN port of a downstream RV325.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Best,
Kevin

1 Reply 1

kevin
Level 1
Level 1

Followup - Resolved the issue. 

The LAN and the WAN cannot be on the same subnet. I was not aware of that. After I changed the subnet of VLAN-1 to a unique subnet for each of the four daisy chained RV325 routers, I now have Internet on every router. It is working as I expected.

Thanks!

Best,
Kevin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card