cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to force anyconnect clients to use a mandatory route instead of current split tunnel mmode

Dirk Evelyn
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AnyConnect remote access solution on MY ASA 5510 that is setup to use split tunneling. I want to force a route not to use the spilt tunnel but to use my Internet Gateway that is not the ASA.I hope this is possible but I cant seem to find out how to do it. I foubnd some information on access-lists but don't think that will apply.

1 Reply 1

dperezoquendo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

So the split tunnel already allows the route to behave how you want it unless you meant tunnelall.

split tunnel = only traffic headed to company network will be sent through vpn connection --- other traffic will go out through normal network connection.

tunnelall = default config, all traffic from your computer will go through VPN connection.

If your ASA is already setup for split tunneling, I believe you probably need to verify network settings on your PC. Verify that "Use default gateway on remote box" is unchecked under the Network Connections -> Your VPN Connection (Properties) -> Networking -> IPv4 -> Properties -> Advanced tab. Depending on what version of Windows you have, you may have to disable it differently. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: