cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE GuestEndpoints

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

When users accept the T&C's page for our guest wireless I have it configured to add them to the GuestEndpoints group.  How long does ISE keep that account active?  I looked at the purge settings for guest accounts but it doesn't appear to purge these accounts.

Using ISE 2.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the default policy for purging GuestEndpoints is 30 days. See attached. 

There is a difference between Guest account and Guest endpoints. Guest account is the username/password created to authenticate the user. Once authenticated, the MAC address is added into GuestEndpoint endpoint identity group.

Guest account validity can be customized from 1-999 days if I recall. Guest endpoints can be purged at any time using endpoint purge policies. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the default policy for purging GuestEndpoints is 30 days. See attached. 

There is a difference between Guest account and Guest endpoints. Guest account is the username/password created to authenticate the user. Once authenticated, the MAC address is added into GuestEndpoint endpoint identity group.

Guest account validity can be customized from 1-999 days if I recall. Guest endpoints can be purged at any time using endpoint purge policies. 

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: