Views
Helpful
Replies

Faild to transfer firmware file UCSM

debb.endara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I try to transfer a file to UCSM for firmware upgrade but  the proccess gets stuck in 73% and current task says:. " sync image to subordinate". 

Also I get one critical alarm and 3 warnings about faild copy image. 

I check the bootflash space an it has 52% and I ony have two files on firmware download task. 

Have any idea? 

Debbie 

7 Replies 7

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Debbie

It seems that the .B bundle is causing the problem ?

Q. Have you successfully copied the .A bundle ?

Maybe the .B bundle is corrupted ? I would try another download from Cisco CCO.

Q. what is the running version of UCS ?

Hi Walter 

I had the same problem with both files.  I also thought that maybe the bundle  was corrupted so I download again the file and still had the problem. 

The current version is 2.2.6c

Regards,

Debbie 

Greetings.

You can also see 'sync/copy' issues if there are file system issues on the destination (subordinate) FI.

Please confirm you have plenty of space in bootflash on that FI.  You may also want to connect to the nxos on that FI and run the following:

#show logging log | in ext3|inode

#show logging nvram | in EXT3

If you do see something regarding 'ext3 file system error' or 'ext3_new_inode: IO failure' then you will want to contact TAC as they will need to boot the FI into basic boot loader, along with dplug file, so a file system check can be run.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Both FI have 25% of used. 

I run the commnad you mention and I get the following output. 

2017 Jul 21 09:23:37 USFQ-FI-A-B Jul 21 09:23:37 %KERN-2-SYSTEM_MSG: [26352191.378957] EXT3-fs error (device sda3): ext3_add_entry: bad entry in directory #752200: rec_len is too small for name_len - offset=272, inode=719724, rec_len=36, name_len=44 - kernel

So what I understand is that I need to opend a case with TAC.

Regards,

Debbie 

Greetings.

Yes, basically TAC will install a special dplug file, and reboot the FI (will need console connection), break into the boot loader sequence, early enough before file systems are mounted so e2fsck can be run to check/repair the ext3 file system.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Did TAC help you get the FI file system Issues resolved?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi Kirk, 

I opend a case with TAC. 

They couldnt  upload the debug plugin onto FI B so they need to rebuild the switch to attempt to fix out the corrupted partition.

We are planning the maintenance window for next monday. I would let you know how it go. 

Regards,

Debbie 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card