Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Array index

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gents,

I am trying to understand what the array index is within ucce scripting especially when using the TO:EXTVXML variable. Sometimes I see array index set to 0 or 1 or 2. Can anyone explain what this really does and when do we use each one

Thanks

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Assuming you have user.microapp.UseVXMLParams set to "N", the name=value pairs you add to the ToExtVXML[] array elements are going to be appended to the query string with an ampersand between them.

You can fill up element 0 with multiple pairs of name=value pairs, separated by a semi-colon. When element 0 is full, move on to element 1.

The maximum size of the element is 210 bytes, so if you wanted to you could create just an array of just one element and concatenate your name=value pairs separated by semi-colons.

This clashes with the CCB configuration, so most people tend to create the From and To arrays to work with CCB - because if you don't have 4 elements now and try to add them later, you would wish you had 4 elements in each. You can solve this problem with database surgery on the Logger DB but that makes most people nervous.

I don't think it really matters, but I confess I have never tried this. Will it work if you leave element 0 empty and put "application=HelloWorld" in element 1? I dare say it might.

Just be logical.

Regards,
Geoff 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Assuming you have user.microapp.UseVXMLParams set to "N", the name=value pairs you add to the ToExtVXML[] array elements are going to be appended to the query string with an ampersand between them.

You can fill up element 0 with multiple pairs of name=value pairs, separated by a semi-colon. When element 0 is full, move on to element 1.

The maximum size of the element is 210 bytes, so if you wanted to you could create just an array of just one element and concatenate your name=value pairs separated by semi-colons.

This clashes with the CCB configuration, so most people tend to create the From and To arrays to work with CCB - because if you don't have 4 elements now and try to add them later, you would wish you had 4 elements in each. You can solve this problem with database surgery on the Logger DB but that makes most people nervous.

I don't think it really matters, but I confess I have never tried this. Will it work if you leave element 0 empty and put "application=HelloWorld" in element 1? I dare say it might.

Just be logical.

Regards,
Geoff 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thank you Geoff. Not sure who rated this great response 4 stars. Thanks for all the great work you od here

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: