cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Variable Node UCCE

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone found a way to affect multiple user variables using one set variable node?  See attached screen shot of what I tried that did not work.

Versus using a set variable node for each user variable I would like to use a single set variable node to assign a value to multiple user variables.

Am i trying to accomplish the impossible?

7 Replies 7

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I can't see how it's possible. The variable that you're setting is only configured in the Object Type + Variable drop-down boxes, and in the 'Value' it should only contain the value itself. 

I understand the need, as we're also making complicated scripts with lots of 'SET' nodes + the amount of the nodes per script are limited, but unfortunately I can't see how it's possible.

You can certainly concatenate them and produce something like "010" and later on you can parse "010" with the built-in substring function.

Regards,
Geoff

Hi, Can you please show us an example of how you do it? If it's possible it can help me also reduce lots of script nodes.

Thanks.

I don't believe that Geoff's approach is really going to save you any nodes, if anything it might actually add more nodes later on when you try to read/set them. Ultimately, if you want to have less set nodes, you're going to have to change your logic. Maybe have a single open/close variable with multiple positions XYZ (based on what Geoff mentioned). However, the savings you're introducing are minimal. Personally, I no longer keep open close in ICM, I do it all in the IVR and pass the data to ICM, makes for much cleaner scripting and less logic all around.

david

I agree with David - you are unlikely to save any nodes. I have never seen script writers really care that much about the number of set variable nodes or IF nodes required to perform the required logic. You can certainly try to avoid reproducing the same logic in a number of scripts by pulling that up a level into a common script and then distributing to your queue scripts, but it does not always work.

I do have Admin scripts and global variables for open/close/holiday but do not have any day of week or time of day nodes in those Admin scripts. I fetch the data using an App Gateway node to a back end system (for example: exony or the one our company uses) and the Business Users have a web based front end to change schedules.

David knows what I am talking about because he used to work here. ;-)

Regards,
Geoff

ic what you did there.

david

Hi David, 

Can you please show me how you create open close script in IVR ( I believe you are, referring to call studio here)... 

Thanks 

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: