cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS "Meetme" Meetings timeout after 15 minutes.

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

I deployed a CMS with CUCM.  CUCM is 11.5 and CMS is 2.0.

Meet me Meetings are shut down after 15 minutes.  Users dials number 550001 are placed in meeting.

All is good.  At the 15 minute mark meeting shuts down.   Any idea on what would be the cause of this end time?

I cannot find a CMS Administration guide on Internet.

Does one exist?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thanks for the followup and info on resolution.  you might mark the thread as 'Answered' so others can get the resolution easier.

View solution in original post

thanks for the followup and info on resolution.  you might mark the thread as 'Answered' so others can get the resolution easier.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the CMS logs say about the call ending?

What kind of info are you looking for in the admin guide? Most of the guides are really configuration guides to achieve something, and contain some more info about the feature.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I worked with TAC this morning.  by default CUCM has a 30 minute timer on SIP calls.  at the half way point CUCM will start the signaling connection across the SIP trunk again.  The SIP security profile on the SIP trunk was set for TLS.  At this 15 minute mark Certificates are being checked.  Never shared Certificates between CMS and CUCM.   The CUCM was looking for a TLS connection at the 15 minute check.  It apparently does not do a Certificate check during initial connection across the SIP trunk to CMS.   We turned off TLS on the SIP Security profile and now connections last past 15 minutes.

Hello tknapp,

Could you provide more info about the workaround? we have the same issue.

I have a SIP Security Profile for the trunk between CMS and CUCM secured: whith TLS enabled an encrypted mode.

Thanks.

Just a quick question?  Are you running any type of WAN encryption on your network with any TCP adjust mss commands on the interfaces?  I have a similar issue and suspect that large SIP re-invite packets are getting dropped, but was curious on your configuration.

Thanks.  

Is there a firewall between the endpoint and CMS?  Could be a timeout issue...

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The event logs that are displayed in the web interface aren't that helpful, it's recommended you log into CMS via SFTP and download the syslog file, it's simply call "log", this file will contain a lot more details than what you'll see in the event log through the web interface.

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

There are no firewalls between internal devices and the CMS.

I was looking for a admin guide about setting meeting limits or timers.  Also general information. Much like TMS or TMSXE administration guide.

The error from logs:

handshake error 336151571 on outgoing connection 147 to 192.168.148.10:5061 from 192.168.148.212:44230

I will try and SFTP the LOG from the CMS.

I also have a better understanding what occurs.  Multiple participants are in the meeting.  SX20/DX80 (Internal) and IPAD via MRA. INTERNAL devices will drop off once each device reaches it's15:00 minute mark.  The device can then rejoin the meeting. 15 minutes later the device again is dropped off meeting.  Devices coming into the CMS via MRA, do NOT have this issue.  They stay in meeting as long as they want to.

Of course this scenario makes no sense.  ALL devices must come through the Call manager.  They must set up via the SIP trunk built to the CMS.  IF all devices dropped I could accept this, however the fact that the MRA devices are not dropped is extremely confusing to me.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Glad you got the timeout issue resolved!

If you want to use TLS between CUCM and CMS, both devices will need to trust each others certificates, there is a CUCM guide in the CMS Configuration Guides for that covers this.

CMS doesn't have a dedicated admin guide like other products, the closest thing is the API guide, since so much of CMS is really API based.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: