Level 1

Hi,

I have create 4 nos of VLAN in my network as below

Vlan50 - 192.168.0.0 - Server

Vlan51 - 192.168.1.0 - VOIP

Vlan52 - 192.168.2.0 - User

Vlan53 - 192.168.3.0 - User

Vlan54 - 192.168.4.0 - management vlan

Problem is that vlan 51-53 users are not able access vlan 50 serevr using serever name but can access using ip

2 Replies 2

Hello,

hard to say. What do you use as DNS server ? Can the Vlan 51-53 users reach the DNS server ?

What device do you use for inter-Vlan routing ? Can you post the configuration of that device ?

Hello

Any Cisco device can be configured as a DNS forwarder but I am guessing this isnt the problem

On a host pc

start/run- cmd
nslookup <server name)

ipconfig /all
ipconfig /displaydns

These commands will tell you the dhcp and dns server addresses, Dhcp should be providing the DNS sever addresses to the client, and on the client itself any resolving entries can be check with a few simple commands

Make sure host users have reachability to that address and that who ever admins the DNS server that a valid A host record of the server registered with it, The commands above should assist you with this.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card