Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8821 firmware upgrades isssues

Not applicable

I recently deployed a series of 8821 wireless phones and came across certain issues with them, mainly connectivity issues etc. so thinking a firmware upgrade would fix it I went on ahead with it, only to find out that the phone(s) seem to accept the upgrade but immediately stop working and the center phone icon goes blank. I go back to the original firmware and phone begins working again. I tried different firmware upgrades and it does not make a difference. It will only work with the original firmware that is currently on the phone. I don't have any issues upgrading any other model phones. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Problem SOLVED! Under SIP profile in Call Manager, I  was using Standard Sip Profile for Mobile Device, apparently there is a Bug when using that profile (See below). Once I switched to Standard SIP Profile I was able to upgrade the phones. Hope this helps.

Https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc38183/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card