Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR Redundancy for UCCE deployment

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need a little help in order to establish a redundant design from IP IVR point of view for outbound campaigns. These are only transfer to IVR campaigns which simply play prompts. I have enabled two ICM translation routing applications on each IVR.  These apps are up and registered at 1302 (IVR A) and 1306 (IVR B). The Dialed Number step which is in front of translation route to VRU step allows only one DN definition. I have chosen 1302. I defined 2 translation routes for the Dialer MR. Each translation route has a route and more DNISs for the outbound campaigns ( one DNIS for each campaign) . The strange problem comes now:

- in order to enable IP-IVR redundancy I defined 1302 DNIS on each route and assigned different labels: for the first IVR I put 1302 at label and for the second IVR I defined label 1306. But seems that it is not OK this design because the campaigns it only works on the first IVR and when translation route chosses the second IVR the script it does not work anymore. In fact the Translation Route to VRU fails.

Any idea ? How IP IVR redundancy is enabled in your case?

Kind regards,

Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to setup a translation route in a way that you can transfer a call from Dialer Peripheral to IVR peripherals.

The label will be sent to Dialer routing client and will come as DNIS on IVR peripheral.

I have not done this any where, i have only done this with CVP, but i don't think its not possible.

if i have to do it, i would do it like below:

Lets Say you have two IVRs (IVR1 and IVR2)

1) create two separate network trunk and trunk group for two IVR peripherals.

i.e NTG.IVR1 and NTG.IVR2

2)create two separate service in service explorer for two different IVR Peripherals.

3) create two separate Translation Route under Translation route explorer as below:

Translation routes are configured for PG and not for peripherals, so select the destination PG where your call is supposed to be translation routed. in your case it should be PG which has IVR peripherals in it.

Translation Route Name : Anything (i.e. IVR1.TR)

Type: DNIS

Route Name: Anything (IVR1.RT1)

Service Name: Select Service you configured in above step

DNIS: some DNIS (this number should be DNIS when call hits on destination peripheral and lot of time its same as label you configure in upcoming steps, and should be different for each translation route)

lets say you configure 1000 for TR1.IVR1 and 2000 for TR2.IVR2

Network trunk group: Select the network trunk group you configured in step 1.

label routing client: Dialer RC

label: a label through which you can reach IVR peripheral (almost all time its same as DNIS you configured in above section)

1000 for TR1.IVR1 and 2000 for TR2.IVR2

label type: normal

create two TRs as per the above step, please use the service and NTG respectively.

ICM is setup for TRs, now lets concentrate on dialer part.

Dialer is going to receive a label 1000(when TR1.IVR1 is going to get executed ) and 2000 (when TR2.IVR2 is going to get executed).

Dialer is going to prepare a SIP refer from label and send that to voice gateway.

Voice gateway will have dial-peer for destination pattern 1000 and 2000 and send it to CUCM which IVRs are connected to.

on IVR1:

create a trigger with  Device Name 1000 and Directory Number 1000.

associate call control group and associate it with translation routed application.

on IVR2:

create a trigger with  Device Name 2000 and Directory Number 2000.

associate call control group and associate it with translation routed application.

The above step will also automatically create two CTI Route Points on CUCM 1000 and 2000 and associate it with application user of respective IVRs.

Thats it, you should have now successful translation route setup correctly for both IVRs. 

in order to load balance, you can use two translation route as i said earlier.

And dont forget to rate all useful posts.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

you have to define two different network VRU for each IVR and configure the the .aef separately for each IVR.

i am still not able able to understand your setup,

Can you please post translation route configuration along with campaign config and ICM script.

Hello,

I have already done the network VRUs. The campaign is working the moment I use only one IVR. This is the reason why you see in the picture only one IVR selected al Translation Route step. I attached few jpegs pointing the ICM script structure, IVR Route Point setting at level campaign  and the design for DNIS and labels at translation route level.

Kind regards,

Marius

i see you have two TRs for two IVRs, both using lable 1302 and 1306 but uses DNIS 1302.

Should not it be different DNIS 1302 for label 1302 and DNIS 1306 for label 1306.

1302 would be associated with one IVRs app user and 1306 with other IVRs app user?

Hello Chintan,

The design is exactly as you described. My question is if this design is supported or not?

The DN step wont let you add more options for dialed number and I thought that making the settings this way I will obtain the load balancing.

In the cisco com they have situation when use directly translation route to VRU without DN step or DN step without translation route but they do not present example scripts in order to enable redundancy.

Regards,

Marius

why you need separate them using DN of MR PG Vru campaign?

dont get confused with dnis you have configured on translation route and dialed number you have for transfer to ivr campaign, they are different and has nothing to relate with each other.

the design is supported, and the load balancing of the ivr can be done by load balancing across two translation route to vru service targeting each vru. you can define multiple translation route in one translation route to vru node in ICM script and cahnge settings of that node to load balance across the targets.

Hello Chintan,

Thank you for your answer. I thought that they are related: the DNIS and transfer to IVR  route point. I will change the settings and come back with answer.

Why to separate them using DN ? I can't answer yet but I saw that example somewhere on outbound script example in documentation guide.

Kind regards,

Marius

How are you testing? does it work for other translation route?

Unfortunately no success. Also I was unable to find out in the rtr logs the failed sequence for the second ivr. Ctrl f using the label for the second ivr returned nothing. 

Not sure how to tackle with this thread, but looks like you have mis-configuration somewhere which is causing this.

Can you please attach:

1. full Translation Route configuration for both IVRs along with Network Trunk Group and service configuration.

2. PG configurations

3. Dialed Number for Dialer, and Script

4. Voice Gateway configuration the dialed is connected to

5. CUCM CTI Route Point config the Voice gateway sends calls to and the IVRs are connected with

6. IVR configuration.

I would assume that you know the basic UCCE topics like SIP Trunks between VG and CUCM is configured, All the PG Pims are up and Dialer is active etc.

Hello Chintan,

I would rather send the detailed info on a private email. Is it OK with you ?

Kind regards,

Marius

yes that's fine.

Hello Chintan,
Following your advice I made the following changes:
- changed ICM script - now has no DN step involved anymore
- I made a new dialed number for the IVR Route Point - and this dialed number now - is using callmanager like routing client
- associated this dialed number with the calltype for the ICM script
But now the rtr returns error like this even if the dialed number is associated with the calltype:

17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: (11870 x 0 : 0 0) Unknown dialed number (1398) - using default call type (1).
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: CallType(1, 192978): Init CT_SL_Timer: Threshold(20 + 2)..
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: (11870 x 0 : 0 0) Unable to find scheduled script for dialed number: ??? (ID: 0) with call type: BuiltIn (ID: 1). .
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: (11870 x 0 : 0 0) Script: ??? (ID: 0), failed to produce route for dialed number: ???, with call type: BuiltIn (ID: 1). .
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: (11870 x 0 : 0 0) No default label available for dialed number: ??? (ID: 0). .
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: (11870 x 0 : 0 0) No Default Route: dn=1398, ani=123456789, ced=, label=, pv1=, pv2=, pv3=, pv4=, pv5=, pv6=, pv7=, pv8=, pv9=, pv10=.
17:14:19:085 ra-rtr Trace: CallType(1, 192978): Handling call termination from router: disposition (27), dispositionFlag(-2), reportingIndex(68).

The calls you see in monitor mode are made calling directly from the IP communicator that DN and they work OK. They are not made by the Dialer. The Dialer calls customer phone but the moment the call is answered the call is disconnected.

So I am still doing something wrong. Can you help me with a clue?

I attached pictures also.

Regards,
Marius

Mauris,

You have everything setup incorrectly, i don't understand why you need CTI Route point?

let me try to shed some more light on how its going to look:

When Transfer to IVR campaign kicks off for SIP Dialer:

1) SIP Dialer dials out the customer

2) When customer connects, the SIP dialer now has to connect the customer to CVP or IVR (VRU for unattended campaign) for this Dialer Submits route requests over the dialed number you configured under the campaign for transfer to IVR. In days of SCCP Dialer this number used to be configured as CTI Route Point on CUCM because SCCP dialer relied on CUCM CTI ports for its operation.

But for SIP the Dialer, the route requests now come through DN configured on MR PG Peripheral connected to Dialer.

The Number you configure in Transfer to IVR campaign number must be configured as DialedNumber under Dialer Routing client and mapped to a ICM script where you execute a Translation Route or Send To VRU to transfer to VRU.

Where is your Dialer Connected to ? Voice Gateway or CUPS?

and Since you have an IP IVR, we have to setup a translation route with special attention.

By the way i don't know if IP IVR is supported platform for Transfer to IVR campaigns.

Hello Chintan,

Let me answer directly on your observations:

-The Number you configure in Transfer to IVR campaign number must be configured as DialedNumber under Dialer Routing client and mapped to a ICM script where you execute a Translation Route or Send To VRU to transfer to VRU - Done

- I use a voice gateway.

- To setup a translation route with special attention - This translation route is the problem. The Peripheral targets and Labels how they should be done ? What is their relationship with the IP-IVR?

Regards,

Marius

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: