Views
Helpful
Replies

Frequently receive error message from IronPort

mizwan.saib-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Support Community,

In the last 2 weeks, we frequently receive error message from IronPort regarding various services. After troubleshooting was done, all services seems Okay. As shown connected on IronPort GUI. Do this due out IronPort was hit by certain bug which I cannot find by myself. Kindly advise on this. I provided some of the error messages that received from IronPort below.

Model: Cisco IronPort C100V

Current firmware version: 10.0.0-203 

Unable to connect to Cisco Web Security Service.

URL Filtering will not work correctly.

Please verify all network, proxy and firewall settings.

Connection to "v2.sds.cisco.com" failed.

The last error seen on this connection: "Request failed with code: 77 (error setting certificate verify locations:

CAfile: /data/share/trustedca.pem

CApath: none)"

The last error seen on this connection: "Request failed with code: 35 (error:1409C041:SSL routines:SSL3_SETUP_READ_BUFFER:malloc failure)"

The last error seen on this connection: "Request failed with code: 77 (error setting certificate verify locations:

CAfile: /data/share/trustedca.pem

CApath: none)"

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please ensure the configuration for URL filtering has been updated as per the field notice below:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/641/fn64111.html

Generally you can resolve this issue if it is configured correcttly by running the following command on the CLI which updates the certificates used for the URL filtering service: ecupdate force.

- Libin V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: