cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR 829 with 5G Radio in WGB (Workgroup Bridge) Mode (Routing to connect to corporate WiFi when in Range)

sburton011
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the middle of replacing our fleet of trucks with the IR 829's.

So far all is well, and there is one piece of functionality we want to implement before going production.

Currently truck wifi users only connect to the 2.4G radio and that works fine. I have reserved the 5G radio to be used in infrastructure mode so that when a truck comes into the truck bay at the end of the day or the crews are getting ready in the morning any tablet that connects to the truck 2.4 G radio would be able to route to the corporate network via the 5G radio which would be associated to our enterprise WiFi. The alternative is they route via the cellular 0 interface which is costing unnecessarily.

I am able to setup the 5G radio to associate when it comes in range but I need some ideas on how to route the traffic from these tablets which are associated to the 2.4G radio  out the 5G radio and to fall back to the cellular 0 interface when they are out of range.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Hi

Refer below post as it may help what you want to achieve

https://mrncciew.com/2014/01/04/wireless-wired-clients-behind-wgb/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all uesful responses ***

The area I require help with is to get a layer 3 interface configured that I can route traffic across through the WGB connection.

All the examples I am seeing are of getting WGB working which I have working. ts the next steps to get a working path to route traffic through.

AP is L2 device. You cannot get L3 working within WGB itself. 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Do the 829 has the ap embedded so how from the 829 router do I utilize the association that is connecting back for my users connected to the 2.4G radio?

Do you have a diagram that shows what you are trying to accomplish? The IR829 has several features and WGB is one of the the features that can be use to connect to your WLAN when near by and switch to cellular when not. I am in the process of getting one of these to test for a similar application.

williamdoi
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a solution to this? I am trying to do the same thing.

Winston_Hegemur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you try this?

bridge 1 route ip
bridge 1 aging-time 120

and all the interface both 802.11a and 802.11b should be in the same bridge 1

hope this help.

Thank you,

Winston

williamdoi
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a Solution to this? I am trying to do the same thing and cant figure out the routing for the failover to the WGB.

Hello,

I think that I have a pretty close issue on my setup....

I am trying to build an EIGRP neighborship between an IR829 though its (autonomous) integrated AP and the opposite router (which is basically the WLAN gateway here).

Both routers are able to ping each others but hello packets seems to be dropped in the path...

- There is no ACL which could drop EIGRP messages

- I am using "EIGRP neighbor" command to unicast EIGRP communications but still unable to see hello packets going through wireless

Anyone has a idea why EIGRP neighborship cannot be built through autonomous AP ???

Thanks for you help, mates !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card