Views
Helpful
Replies

sending call to Voice mail from ICM Script

4rajnivashisht
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

need some help to get the logic to send the call to voice mail if agent is not available or busy

>> Actually in the ICM script before sending the call in que, i am checking where agents are available or not to answer the call. if all agents are busy in the queue in that case i want to give option to the caller as below :

1 all agents are busy on other calls if you want to be in queue press 1 or press 2 to leave voice mail.

Request your support to get this configuration done.

Thanks in Advance

Rajni Vashisht

2 Replies 2

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

You can use label node, simply define voicemail extension as Dynamic label in the label node.

also make sure, the CVP are configured to route Voicemail number to correct CUCM cluster just like Agent Extensions.

It can be a Configured Label. I am not a fan of the Dynamic Label for a number of reasons:

(a) self-documentation
(b) script cross reference (either the Config Explorer tool or a SQL query)
(c) the ability to change the target without editing the script.

<soapbox>
If the Label has to be constructed from the incoming Dialed Number, DB Lookup etc. then go right ahead and use a Dynamic Label. Otherwise, a Configured Label is a better choice.
</soapbox>

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: