Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances EoS or EoL information

Hi Cisco Support Team:

I work for a large National Service Provider, and we have hundreds of your ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances in the field.

We are confused because if we search for this ASA 5500 series, it appears in 

//Support/Product Support/Security/Cisco  ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls/

You can even find the Data Sheet for the series, which I'm attaching.

The confusion resides in that you no longer advertise this series ASA 5500 in your "All Security Products." You only show the Next Generation 

Cisco ASA 5500-X with FirePOWER Services

I tried to find an answer via a phone call, but your customer service representative sent me to this page. 

We have hundreds of the following models in the field:

ASA 5505

ASA 5510

ASA 5520

ASA 5525

ASA 5540

ASA 5550

We need your help to confirm if any of these devices have an End-of-Sale or End-of-Support announcement.

Best regards,

CSE MSI Team

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

EoS/EoL notices can be found HERE.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All except one of the models you listed are past end of sales. The ASA 5505 will no longer be sold after August 25, 2017 as noted in one of the EoX notices on the page that Leo directed you to.

Any "large national service provider" should have a designated Cisco account manager who would be more than happy to address your concerns and meet with you to discuss migration options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card