Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter domain Federation between sites

Good afternoon,

I am implementing interdomain federation in my company, so that it is possible to exchange mensangens in jabber.

There are two different domains for example: collab.empresa-a.com.br and collab.empresa-b.com.br

I made the dns server of the domain collab.empresa-a.com.br the following:

Service: _xmpp-server
Protocol: _tcp
Priority: 0
Weight: 0
Port number: 5269

Host offering this service:

Do I need to do this in company B as well?

What other settings do I have to make to work?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reviewed any of the IM&P federation documents available on cisco.com??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/11_0_1/CUP0_BK_IA5F44AB_00_interdomain-federation-110.pdf

I have configured the xmpp service in internal dns and external dns
And in the presence servers I activated xmpp, I would like to know what else should I configure to work?

The guide has all the steps you would need, along with pre-requisites, exactly what is the problem you're having???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I followed another document and made the settings on the expressway instead of the presence, the site is:
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-5/XMPP-Federation-with-Cisco-Expressway-and-IM-and-Presence-Service.pdf

But now I have two problems
First the messages on one side are going duplicate,
And on one side after adding the contact I can not talk to it, and on the other side if I add the contact,  I can talk it is working.

How and where can I solve this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: