Views
Helpful
Replies

help for setting switch Cisco SG200-18

reparcussions
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I would like assistance with the parameterization of a Cisco SG200-18 switch. Indeed I would like to create three separate VLANs to distribute from the internet to three companies that do not have to interact in it or with my personal network, I successfully created these three vlan, I limited the flow on the 3 Ports I wish to register with these three companies (1 port per company with 1 reserved network address) and thus have three separate network addresses for these three companies but I can not go further in the procedure.When I try to Change the subnet mask of the switch the interface gele ....
I give you some information about my network: ip address of the switch = 192.168.1.253 mask = 255.255.255.0. Ip address of my router = 192.168.1.254
Network address of my network = 192.168.1.0 mask = 255.255.255.0 (which can not be parameterized)
Could you guide me in this setting please.
In advance thank you to you I leave you my email address and my tel number for your information phone number = 06.44.97.28.13 mail = reparcussions@gmail.com
Regards,
Stéphane G

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Stephane,

It sounds like you need to create 3 separate SVIs (Switch Virtual Interface) on this device. If this is the case, I'm afraid that your device is only a layer 2 switch which does not support this feature and you will need a different L3 switch (such as SG300 or others) or a L3 device which supports this feature. With your current switch you can still create 3 separate VLANs and assign ports to be members of these VLANs, however you will need to have an Interface for each of these VLANs which will need to be on a different device.

Hope that helps,

Kris

Hello and thank you for your answer this will help me, actually after studying the switch it appears that it is not suitable for this kind of project
Thank you again for your help on this subject.
Good day to you
Stephane G