cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does CUCM handle overlapping Translation Patterns in Same Partition

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

So if I have 2 translation patterns (5.XXX and 5123) in the same partition in CUCM, 5123 should be matched and the translation handled accordingly correct?  If I have 5123 set w/ a called party transform mask that is a DN that is assigned to a CTI route point what should the expected behavior be?  I have an outside line that should come in as 5123, get translated and then ring one device.  If extension 123 is called internally it should ring a different device as well as it's remote destination.  What I'm seeing is when an external call comes in for 5123, I get a 404 error, then the call goes to 123 (the 5.XXX translation pattern drops PreDot).  I believe it was previously setup to ring to a Hunt Pilot and not a CTI route point. 

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

If the internal extension is configured as 123 then by dialing it internally as 123 it will not overlap with the translation patterns. When an external or internal user dials 5123 then the two TP's would come into picture, for a specific 5123 dialing the 5123 TP would be invoked and the Called Party Transformation Mask setting would decide what the final called party destination is. You also need to ensure that the CSS configured on the Translation pattern should have access to the partition of the final destination being called , else the call would fail ( like in this case the CSS configured on the TP should have access to Partition of 123 ).

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -