cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting LDAP Sync on CMS

kkelly
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't like the way I imported my LDAP users on a CMS server I was installing. How can I flush the existing users and or delete the LDAP config from the CMS database.   Been through the API but see no "delete" function.

-thx-

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there's a way to delete a single user, or some users, at least not that I know of, what I would try is to configure an LDAP filter that won't match anything, or point to an empty OU and perform a sync, then adjust whatever you need and use values that would actually bring users back.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can simply adjust the LDAP filters as needed and the next time you do a sync, it will apply to all users that you're importing.  If you want to completely wipe out all your users and spaces, remove your LDAP mappings and search filter, etc.  Jaime's suggestion also works, if you don't want to clear out your LDAP configuration.

HI James,

How do I clear out ldap entry through API? Would you mind posting API commands?

Manh Thanks

If you want to set a value to blank, send the parameter without value.

If you want to delete the whole config, send a delete method.

You can find all the reference for this in the API reference guide for CMS, didn't you review it when configuring this for the first time?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime,

Thanks for your help. I could delete the whole configuration. I was looking in LDAP section for delete messages but there was another section only for delete. 

All good now..