cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber desktop second line appearance

Malexander5
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple users on Jabber 11.8 for windows. I'm getting requests for dual line appearances. Any news on if / when Jabber desktop will be able to support multiple line appearances. I feel that's a basic feature that should be supported at the softphone level.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I understand it's on the road map of Cisco Jabber, but seems like they're not hurrying with it. I've read threads about it when there was Cisco Jabber 11.6, and there are no news about it. They only added support for shared line over MRA, but that's just it. 

By the way, they released 11.9 few days ago, but by it's release notes I can see that multiple line support is not one of it's new features. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to reach out to your SE as roadmap items are considered NDA material and cannot be discussed in a public forum, he can provide you info, and you can provide your business case so the BU is aware of the need of this feature.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

my suggestion would be to join the Customer Connection Program as this and other topics are covered there.

there is an NDA briefing that includes this topic on Septeber 28th 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: