cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to forward voicemail to another mailbox?

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

I've found some articles about this, but haven't really found something that's really up-to-date.

I am currently running UC 10.5.

We have a user, UserA, that has left our organization. The manager, UserB, is requesting to have UserA's extension and voicemail transferred to their extension/mailbox. Forwarding the calls was easier said than done, but I am having issues with finding a way to forward the voicemail.

In UC, I have removed UserA's mailbox and created a Call Handler with UserA's old extension (341).

Next, under caller input, I gave option 1 to transfer the call to UserB's mailbox:

Everything else is pretty much at default for our system. When I tried to call the old extension, it will transfer my call to UserB, but when it reaches this call handler, it will ask for an extension and then immediately say "GoodBye" and hangup. Even when I do input 1, it would say that it is the wrong extension.

I have also tried to change the transfer rules on both the "Standard" and "Closed" to transfer it to UserB's extension, but I am still getting the same result.

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The easiest way to do this is to use Alternate Extensions in Unity Connection. Let's set up an example;

User A - who has left the company is at DN 2000 and the Manager User B is at DN 5555.

Take out/delete the mailbox at 2000

Set the call forward all on 2000 to go to 5555 (as you have done)

On the User B mailbox at 5555 add 2000 as an Alternate extension in Unity Connection -- User(x5555)---Edit---Alternate Extensions---Add New x2000

This should do exactly what you are looking to accomplish

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The easiest way to do this is to use Alternate Extensions in Unity Connection. Let's set up an example;

User A - who has left the company is at DN 2000 and the Manager User B is at DN 5555.

Take out/delete the mailbox at 2000

Set the call forward all on 2000 to go to 5555 (as you have done)

On the User B mailbox at 5555 add 2000 as an Alternate extension in Unity Connection -- User(x5555)---Edit---Alternate Extensions---Add New x2000

This should do exactly what you are looking to accomplish

Cheers!

Rob

Man, that was a lot easier than I thought it was! Perfect! Thanks for the help, Rob!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most welcome!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: