Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing notifications

DerekM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Not sure why I cannot find it, but our license for the CUC v10.5 expired without warning other than when the voicemail went down and then saw the message and basically got a demo and fixed it like that while management get a PO signed off.

I am fairly new at this company and apparently no one received any type of notification that the license was about to expire.

Should we have received an email. If so where do I configure this so this does not happen again and use our generic lCisco CCO ogin credentials for the notification.

Look forward to reply for this as once I have the PO signed off for the licenses I get the notifications sorted out, so I am not in same position again.

Derek

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You should be able to configure this in RTMT.  I have a regular message from CUCM at the moment as we are running on a demo license.  At 19.30 every evening I get a message from RTMT to let me know,

Reason : CiscoSystemInOverage

AppID : Cisco License Manager

ClusterID : 

NodeID : FMDRCUCMPUB

TimeStamp : Wed Aug 16 19:29:45 BST 2017.

The alarm is generated on Wed Aug 16 19:29:45 BST 2017.

I would point RTMT to your Unity Connections Cluster and take a look at the alert settings for Cisco License Manager.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Rob

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you login into PLM >> Licenses >> Usage and see what it is showing you there currently. You can also take a look at Dashboard within PLM to see any alerts being generated there that you might have missed.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using more licenses then what is  available on ELM/PLM then it should have gone into grace period of 60 days  ,i believe system shouldn't be impacted during this time.

You can check what last compliance time was as per below screenshot and see if actually you have been in violation status for long time.

Only if the license status goes to expire from compliance only then it will stop working.

You can check licenses status inside system settings-licenses. Also RTMT alert can be set as pointed below by Rob , which triggers an alert if you exceed the license usage from available pool.

Guys, maybe someone have faced the task regarding thresholds of licensing consumption:
Do you know if this is for somehow possible to configure e-mail notifications about approaching of licenses limit installed on PLM ?
Meaning, alarm could trigger an email under situation when, for instance, "10 licenses left".
// yes, I know, there are different types of CUCM licenses, but it would be cool to know they licenses are running out //

As I can see, RTMT has these 3 alarms regarding licenses:
CiscoElmIsNotConnected - connectivity
CiscoSystemInDemo - demo state
CiscoSystemInOverage - state when license usage is already exceeded